LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

woodward easYgen genset controller via modbus

Hi all,

I have a labview program that reads a single parameter and I am trying to modify it to read multiple parameters. I am very new to Labview and I am struggling. can anybody help I can email you ther program i have, on request.  If anybody wants to contact me dirrectly u can at rcarscadden@hotmail.com.

Thank You,

RayC

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,398 Views)
Why don't you post the code over here (or maybe a snapshot of it), explain to us the issue you are facing and we can help you out?
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,397 Views)

i have attached screenshoots of the Vi

thank you

RayC

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,387 Views)

One issue I see in your code is that you are using commands 4 and 6 to read or write registers.  But you are getting the data out from the "Discrete" element of the cluster rather than the registers.

If you are reading booleans, AKA "coils", you should be using codes 1, 5, or 15.

Also, rather than using a 0 or 1 numeric control and a case selector to define read or write, why not use the Enum that is part of the Modbus Data Cluster?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,374 Views)
I have been told it is possible to write a config file in labview to read in all the parameters I need. Is there a simple way of doing this? Or any tutorials i can follow?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,357 Views)