cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 7 doesn't recognize usb 6221

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I had an application (plus the entire package with Runtime and DAQmx) in Labview which is deployed on several PC. Until now it worked just fine on PCs with WinXP.

Now I have to install the same application on a PC with Win7. The problem is the LabView cannot recognize the USB6221 board.

In Windows Device Manager the board is there, but LabView sees nothing. Also, if I check in Measurement and Automation I cannot see the board there. I installed and reinstalled the entire software but no results.

Does anzbody had the same experience or could anybody give me some hints??

Thanks,

Paul

Message Edited by PaulieQ on 04-23-2010 06:02 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,185 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PaulieQ

Dear Pauline,

There are some factors you need to consider while porting to windows 7 platform. As far as i know, only labview 2009 software is fully compatiable with windows 7.

Meaning to dispatch to windows 7, you will need the following.

i) Labview runtime engine (Labview 2009)

ii) Any drivers (DAQ, DAQmx ) compatiable with windows 7.

iii) exe created by labview 2009.

Last time, i also face similar problems. I build the exe in windows Xp platform (Labview 8.6) and i can dispatch to windows Xp and Vista platform. However when i port the exe to windows 7 platform, i also cant get it to work well after many tries.

Finally, i just upgrade to Labview 2009 and compile the exe under windows 7 platform. Dispatch this exe together with the lastest drivers (windows 7 drivers) and my exe works well for all platforms (XP, Vista and windows 7) now.

This may be something you like to try out.

Message 2 of 5
(3,170 Views)

Hi Newbieboy,

Thanks for your reply. After reading your email I checked the compatibility of the DAQmx drivers with Windows 7. I found a list of compatible NI programs and drivers and it seems only 8.9.5 DAQmx version is supported. My version is 8.7.2. I have to  make an update and hopefully things will work after it.

The application (built in Labview 8.5.1) works. The only error (until now) occurred when the application tried to access the 6221 board (to read/write some I/O). 

Thanks,

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,159 Views)

Dear Pauline,

Yah update the drivers first and see whether it can solve your problem. There might also be a chance 8.5 compiled exe will also work under windows 7. But take note to upgrade to labview 2009 and recompile in future to ensure full compliance in windows 7.

Keep me posted if you successful, cheers

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,156 Views)

Hi,

It worked only after installing new drivers. I took an installer package generated with LabView 2009 for a complete different application (which also uses DAQmx) install it and everything worked.

So my old application for Win XP works without any problems with LabView Runtime, DAQmx from LabView2009 in Windows 7. I didn't have to build it again in LV2009.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,111 Views)