LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is the .ini file deleted by iteself?

Hi all,

I am working on a large program. It is really large and messy, but it works. The problem is sometimes it deletes .ini file by itself. This program uses a .ini file to keep all kinds of configurations. Sometimes when the program exits, it causes the computer to reboot -- even worse, at same time it deletes the .ini file......who can tell me the possible reasons?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,798 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,788 Views)
Altenbach, It is pretty similar. Exit from Labview application causes a Windows crash and then .ini file is lost. The only difference is it happens on LV7.1 for me. Steady
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,767 Views)

Hi steady,

Does your program use the LabVIEW configuration file VIs to maintain its own INI file? In LabVIEW 7.1, I think the Close Config Data VI used to write the data back to the INI file by default even when nothing changed. Try setting "write configuration data?" to false when you call that VI.

Do you have any more information about the reboot? It may be a system crash caused by a device driver. Why Does My Computer Automatically Reboot For No Reason? explains how to obtain more information about system crashes.

Brad

---
Brad Keryan
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,702 Views)