LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do i get the pop up message "A secondary dll could not be found" when i try to call a dll

I wrote a dll using visual c++ ver 6.0. Calling this on my desk pc with labview 6.0 works fine, but transferring the dll to the labpc with labview 5.0 and calling it yields a pop up message:
"A secondary dll could not be found"
Can anyone please help on what to do.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,385 Views)
This comes from Visual C++ needing some other DLL's. Just like you can not run a LabVIEW program without loading the LabVIEW Runtime, VC++ needs more DLL's.

The VC++ program will be looking for something in one of these dll's:

Advapi32.dll Msvcp50.dll
Kernel32.dll Msvcp50d.dll
Mfc42d.dll Msvcrtd.dll
Mfcd42d.dll Sicl32.dll
Mfco42d.dll User32.dll
Msvbvm50.dll Ws2_32.dll
Msvcirtd.dll

The most likely ones are the "Msv..." DLLs. Just find them on your development machine (usually in the System32 directory) and copy them into the same directory on the target machine.

If you can figure out exactly which ones are needed, then you can include them in the installer (if you're creating an EXE). Add them as a support file a
nd, click "Custom Destinations...", select the file and the location that it should be copied to.

Hope this helps.

Rob
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,385 Views)
unkayged;

Check also the following article in the KnowledgeBase:

LabVIEW Error Message: A Secondary DLL Cannot Be Found

Note: The article says that if Quick View isn't in the list, you need to "to to" your WindowsNT/98/95 install CD... I guess that means "insert" or something similar 🙂

Regards
www.vartortech.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,385 Views)