LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

while loop with shift register help

Asked simple labview question but the way its been formatted confuses me abit could anyone help.

Question

Develop a program which continuously loops around until a stop button is pressed. The loop iteration counter should be displayed at a rate of about 2 Hz. The program additionally should have a Boolean indicator, which changes its state upon every loop. This will require placing SHIFT Registers on the edge of the loop, and wire the left and right shift registers together through a NOT operator. Finally, choose a "slider" on the front panel and send its value to a chart.

Extend the previous program to display the current count (i.e. 0, 1, 2, ...), a user chosen multiple of the current count (e.g. 0, 7, 14, ...) and the sum of the current loop value and the previous loop value

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,820 Views)

Take one sentence at a time and it is quite simple.  Where exactly are you getting confused?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,818 Views)

Get confused by the parts. Attached is what done don't think going on right path

-> The loop iteration counter should be displayed at a rate of about 2 Hz. 

->Extend the previous program to display the current count (i.e. 0, 1, 2, ...), a user chosen multiple of the current count (e.g. 0, 7, 14, ...) and the sum of the current loop value and the previous loop value.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,812 Views)

2 Hz means 2 times per second...not 2 seconds.

Store the previous loop value in a shift register so you can add it to the current loop value in the next iteration.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,797 Views)