From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when the SNR is low, how to improve peak detect result

屏幕快照 2019-03-14 下午5.10.58.png

There are some points that missed by the peak detector, but if i lower the threshold or width, the higher signal counted double peaks. i guess that's due to the low SNR. cause in the picture below, the peak detector is well function. so how should i improve the peak detection?

屏幕快照 2019-03-14 下午5.04.10.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,462 Views)

It's pretty difficult to make suggestions from a picture of the output of your program.  We would need the Program (as code that we could run, observe, and "attempt to improve") and the data set that you used to produce the pictures you showed.  It is impossible to tell if there is a problem, much less where it might be or to suggest how to correct it.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,431 Views)

How can I improve the CO2 levels in my car's output?

tail pipe.jpg

You get the picture (pun intended)?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 3 of 7
(2,422 Views)

Zip -- right over my head (but a very nice picture ...).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,410 Views)

sorry, I thought that is a common topic of signal processing. I guess there are solutions like some kind of filter. but the noises contain various frequency, i tried filter, but not good.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,394 Views)

The noise is quite constant and your "peaks" seem extremely sharp and easily distinguishable from the noise with a simple threshold detector. Any "filtering" would broaden them into oblivion, making detection more difficult. What else do you know about the peak shape (gaussian, lorentzian, rectangular, etc.) Do the peaks vary in area? What is their origin? Do you have the wavelet toolkit?

In any case, the more you know about the signal, the easier it will be to separate the interesting parts from noise. Tell us as much as you can!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,390 Views)

Also, your VI is not useful to us. Attach relevant data instead.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,387 Views)