LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is wrong with the report generation toolkit????

OK.  Now I'm a little frustrated.

I started this thread, but then made an ugly workaround until someone tells me the correct solution.

So now.... my compiled application can find all the toolkit VIs... but I get error messages telling me that the VIs were are too old (V 7.0) to be recompiled to Version 8.5.1.

When I got the first of these messages, I opened and saved the VI indicated.  That just pushed the problem along to the next VI.  So I said "ah ha!" and went to the directory (blah\blah\....\addons\_office) that has the toolkit routines and did a Mass Compile.  No errors were generated by this.

NOW when I try to run, I get an error message telling me that Excel_Insert_Text.vi is not executable.  But that is clearly a lie.  When I open the VI in the development environment, there are no broken arrows...

And let us not forget my application runs perfectly and without errors in the development environment, even after I brutally recompiled everything.

For those who care:  I'm running V 8.5.1 with whatever version of the Report Generation Toolkit comes with that (1.1.2??).

Arrgh.

-GN

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,330 Views)

I feel your pain GN... the RGT in its current Classes incarnation has a few "issues"... try deploying it with TestStand a whole world of pain opens up.

Now, I have recently seen an issue very similar to the one you described, I broke the RGT after doing a mass compile.

Eventually opened the RGT VI that was "broken", it looked fine to me. It was something to do with setting the font, and was basically just an activex call. Eventually out of frustration I right clicked on the node, reselected the same method, and another input parameter line appeared at the bottom of the node and the VI all of a sudden became runnable. WOW!

This needed to be done in a few of the VIs.

Maybe this will help you

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,320 Views)

GN,

I'm sorry that you are frustrated.  What are the source file settings when you build the executable?  I also assume that you are trying to run this on the same machine?

This KnowledgeBase gives a key tip about building executables with the report generation toolkit before LV 8.6: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C38CE3F30542D65B86256F0E00740DD8?OpenDocument

Regards, 

Marti C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
NI Medical
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,283 Views)