LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what error is this ?

Hi all ,i need your help . I just got this error message when i wan to select column of my database.

NI_Database_API.lvlib:Conn Execute.vi->NI_Database_API.lvlib:DB Tools Select Data.vi->FYP.vi<ERR>ADO Error: 0x80040E14
Exception occured in Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'Student name'. in NI_Database_API.lvlib:Conn Execute.vi->NI_Database_API.lvlib:DB Tools Select Data.vi->FYP.vi

I am a newbie to to labview data, what should i do to slove this problem ???

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(6,067 Views)

As i can see from your quoted error message, you are working with the database connectivity toolkit and connect to a database using the Microsoft OLE DB provider. Reading the error message carefully points out that you have an error within your SQL statement you are trying to execute on the database.

My guess would be that you have some kind of SELECT "Student name", but the active table does not have such a column/the database does not contain such a table.

So it seems to be a pure SQL issue.

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(6,051 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(6,040 Views)

i found out the solution... they say cannot put space... So jst write "StudentName"

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(6,009 Views)

Hi there,,

I got same error out message to create table in MS Access Database..

NI_Database_API.lvlib:Conn Execute.vi->NI_Database_API.lvlib:DB Tools Create Table.vi->Untitled 3<ERR>ADO Error: 0x80040E14
Exception occured in Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in field definition. in NI_Database_API.lvlib:Conn Execute.vi->NI_Database_API.lvlib:DB Tools Create Table.vi->Untitled 3

Pls help me how to solve error message...

Rd,

ganesan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(5,974 Views)

@CPUT wrote:

Hi there,,

I got same error out message to create table in MS Access Database..

NI_Database_API.lvlib:Conn Execute.vi->NI_Database_API.lvlib:DB Tools Create Table.vi->Untitled 3<ERR>ADO Error: 0x80040E14
Exception occured in Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in field definition. in NI_Database_API.lvlib:Conn Execute.vi->NI_Database_API.lvlib:DB Tools Create Table.vi->Untitled 3

Pls help me how to solve error message...

Rd,

ganesan

Not a LabVIEW problem

Go take a class in SQL. Plenty of online tutorials.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(5,964 Views)

We also know that this is a homework problem.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(5,959 Views)

Thanks ...

Rd,

Ganesh

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(5,950 Views)

I have the same problem, but my syntax in SQL seems to be just fine:

I've written a subVI to write in a table of our labdatabase some parameters every 30 seconds.

I've tested the subVI independantly, keeping it running with a autonomous open connection and it then works just fine (ie the parameters are written correctly in the database).

But when I run the VI in its normal environment (as a subVI in a very large operating program) I get this message... which I find wierd given that the exact same syntax works perfectly when run seperatly.

Do you have any idea on what the source of such an error could be?

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(5,676 Views)

Here is a snapshot of the VI (As I use typedefs not included in the previous message).

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(5,648 Views)