LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web server problem

I am having a problem with the web server in labview 2009. I want to remote panel my VIs, but when I try to do this, it says to enable the web server on the server. From what I can see, I have already enabled the web server i.e, from the help on how to enable it. What else can I do to enable the web server?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,966 Views)

HI Daniel,

Have you seen the links given in help

For accessing links please open it from labview help

Enabling and Configuring the Web Server

Complete the following steps to enable and configure the Web Server.

1. Select Tools»Options to display the Options dialog box.
  2. Select the Web Server page from the Category list of the Options dialog box.
  3. Place a checkmark in the Enable Web Server checkbox in the General section.

The default Web Server configuration is suitable for most applications. Refer to the
    Web Server page if you need to change this default configuration.
 Note  (Linux) By default, LabVIEW uses port 8000 so the Web Server can run in accounts that do not have root access. If you have root access, you can change the port to 80. If you use any port other than 80, you must specify the port number in URLs that refer to the server, as shown in the following example:

http://hostname:8000/index.htm

1. If you want to control browser access to the front panels or control which VIs are visible on the Web, configure the Browser Access and Visible VIs sections of the Web Server page.
  2. Click the OK button to close the Options dialog box and save the changes.

The Web Server is running.

You also can enable and configure the Web Server in a built application.

You also can use the Web Server properties to enable and configure the Web Server programmatically.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,954 Views)

Hi,

Thanks, I have tried that way however. when I tried to get a remote panel connection, with port 8000 (a port I made), the error was:

Connecting to remote panel server...
Remote panel connection refused by specified server: Make sure LabVIEW Web Server is enabled on specified server

With the port 80(the standard LabVIEW 1), the error was:

Connecting to remote panel server...
Server does not support Remote Panels

I tried the way you suggested, i have given all VIs access and I still get the error.

Thanks

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,951 Views)

Hi Daniel,

Can you try with disabling the firewall

If this is not working, please let us know the detail procedure you are doing

Regards

Santosh

Message 4 of 7
(3,948 Views)

Hi Santosh

I'm having the exact same problem as Daniel.  Is there a way to allow Remote Front Panel without completely disabling my firewall?  Maybe change the firewalls Inbound Rules in someway?

Thanks,

Bryan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,499 Views)

Hi All,

I have the same problem in Labview 2015 and even disabling windows firewall did not work. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Arash

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,185 Views)

Hi Arash,

My name is Chris and I am currently an Applications Engineer with National Instruments. I wanted to follow up and get you some resources for creating and configuring Remote Panels. Please let me know if these work for you or what specific issues you are running into!

Remote Panels in LabVIEW -- Distributed Application Development

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/4791/en/

Configuring Remote Front Panels on a Real-Time Target

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AB6C6841486E84EA862576C8005A0C26

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,164 Views)