LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web publishment of an exe file

i have made a program (VI), i want to see its front panel in the internet explorer. I configure the web publishing
tool for that purpose. and i have successfully seen the front panel in internet explorer when i run the original VI,
but when i run the Executable (exe) file then, i am unable to see the front panel in the internet explorer, then how
i can see the front panel when the exe is running. suggest mp as soon as possible.

thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(3,720 Views)
Hi

You have to start the web server. If you run the vi in edit-mode, the web-server is running because of the LV IDE.

Thomas
Using LV8.0
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't be afraid to rate a good answer... 😉
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(3,716 Views)
Here is some documentation that tells you how to create an executable that supports remote panels. I apologise if you have already seen this Knowledgebase.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jack J.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(3,692 Views)

Hi,

I too have the same question... I tried to follow the link that has been given by Jack.J. But I am sorry that the link is not opening here... I would like to have more documents related to this.

Any solutions please!!!

regards

Sreedhar.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(3,619 Views)

As mentioned in the last post, you have to start the web server in the application. For this you can use a property-node of the application and set at least the active property.

Hope this helps.

Thomas

Using LV8.0
Message 5 of 22
(3,605 Views)

Hi Thank you thomas... I followed the link below and got the solution to my problem.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/3B2160B128EE09A886256B60006FFA66?OpenDocument

however, your way of enabling the webserver programatically is fantastic. Will get back on that.

Thanks and Regards,

Sreedhar T

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(3,601 Views)
hi, Sreedhar T,
 I met the same problem, but I don't know how to creat the "App" property node to solve it using Thomas's method.
would you please explain more on it or attach one program to show it?
(btw, I am using LabView 7.1).

Thank you very much.

XG
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(3,488 Views)

Hi XG

On the block diagram browse to the Application Control palette. There you can select a "blank" property node.

You could also use a normal property node, which you created by right clicking a control.

If you right click the node, select "Select Class" to choose the appropriate class. Just browse once to the whole structure to see what's possible. If you then choose VI Server >> Application, you can select the corresponding properties.

Hope this helps.

Thomas

Using LV8.0
Message 8 of 22
(3,487 Views)
Hi, Thomas,
Thanks a lot for your help.

With your instruction, I have successfully created the "app" property node and set the WebSrvr.Active to true.
However, i met a new problem and cannot figure it out:
  • The server can run very well in the LabView Program
  • After I convert the LabView program to a exe file and run the exe file, a message window will jump out and tell me "The Web Server cannot start. Is the web Server port already in use? Try to start the Web Server on another port".
  • I add  a "WebSrvr.port" property and assign one value (say 8334) to it. However, the same message window come out again when runnign the exe file and the web server cannot be started.

Would you please point out where i made a mistake?

Thank you very much.

Attached the Property Node setting

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(3,461 Views)
Hm - I never had a problem like this.

Do you start the exe when the LV environment is running (e.g. you're editing a vi)?

What I usually configure when using it in an exe is the WebSrvr.RootPath property.

It would be helpful if you could post your vi, so that we can have a look at it and maybe try it on our own machines.

Thomas
Using LV8.0
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(3,453 Views)