LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web publishing tool ..

I am usiung LabVIEW 18 to control an Acces USB-DIO-96, which in turn is used to control our test system.  It's talking to a DLL.  The system is also talking to a Keysight network analyzer, a Keithley DMM and Keithley power supply.

So I build the web service, publish it and everything is happy.  I can talk to all the instruments.

When I go home I shut down the system.  When I come back the next day I ca talk to all the instruments except the DIO. 

If I send an HTML command from a web browser address bar I get a no error response from the DIO.  So it looks like it's still out there and talking to my port.  It's just not doing anything.

To get the DIO back, I have to publish the web service again.  That's all.  No re-boot required.  No service restart required.  It's weird.

Two questions;

1. Why am I losing whatever publishing does specific to the DIO and
  2. What does publishing do? 

The web service is still running.  I can still use it to communicate to my instruments except the DIO.  So I am at a loss.  I would really like to fix this one.  But I don't understand even what publishing does or why it would fail in this way.  So without that basic understanding I'm sort of stuck.  I ma not finding anything that tells me what it does on the NI website.  it just tells me I have to publish.

- Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,714 Views)

Hi Mike,

Does your web service communicate with a stand-alone application or executable?

I have included two links that provide clarity on web services overall, as well as the specifics of publishing. 

"Overview: Web-based Communication with a LabVIEW Application"

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361R-01/lvconcepts/webservices/

"Publishing a Web Service"

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361R-01/lvconcepts/ws_distributing/

Carolynn V.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,660 Views)