LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web publishing tool

Hi Guys,

i'm struggleing with the web publishing tool.

I want to remote monitor a snapshot of a VI that is running on a PC.

I have installed the runtime engine on the host PC.

The host PC is running a .exe of my labview program, it isnt my developer machine, one thing that i don't understand is when i set up the web publishing tool on my developer machine it generates a web adress based on my computer name, but i'm not going to be running the labview from this computer, so how do i set up the web tool to run from a different PC to the one i write the labview code on.?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,088 Views)

You can copy the code generated from the web publishing tool to the host computer. The root directory is configured in niwebserver.conf which is automatically generated. The key is DocumentRoot. You may want to adapt it. (The setting in ExecutableName.ini is obsolete, or am I wrong?) When you call the file index.html, it is loaded as the start page.

Maybe this Knowledge Base is useful? Enable LabVIEW Web Server With an Executable or parts of this for LabVIEW 2009  

Some threads marked whit the same tag as this one could help further.

I hope this helps.

Greetings,

shb

Message 2 of 4
(4,077 Views)

Thanks, its working now.

Is it possible to set up the web publishing tool to only show a snapshot but if someone can provide a password iw will allow full control. (can the web publishing tool be configutred programatically ?)

Thanks Zac

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,056 Views)

You can embed a link in the html page. This one points to a page which contains an embedded remote panel. (Create this page with the web publishing tool.)

You can restrict access to only show some VIs and only allow some computers. This topic in the LabVIEW help could be a good starting point: Viewing an Application or Front Panel Remotely Using a Browser

There are examples in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\www\examples\access about limiting access for users or groups. But it looks like this is for the G-Webserver. At least it does not work con my computer.

And the article Password Protecting a Remote Front Panel in LabVIEW is pretty old. Smiley Sad

Greetings,

shb

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,043 Views)