LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web module in NXG requires new license

Solved!
Go to solution

I just installed NXG 2.0 to get to know it and start with webVIs. However, I can't get the Web module activated with my pretty comprehensive license. Is it really a seperate option now that must be purchased seperately?? What a disappointment 😞

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously concerned about the Labview subscription model
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,746 Views)

Hey aartjan,

As you said the LabVIEW NXG Web Module is an add on that needs to be purchased along with LabVIEW NXG Professional. It's packaged this separately from LabVIEW NXG so only those who need the Web Module can opt in, rather than having the price of LabVIEW/LabVIEW NXG go up. 

This is similar to the LabVIEW Real-Time Module and LabVIEW FPGA Module, although unlike the LabVIEW Real-Time Module, there is no deployment license for the LabVIEW NXG Web Module. And unlike the LabVIEW FPGA Module, users can deploy their built applications on any deployment hardware (3rd party Web Servers). 

Check out this link for a full list of features included in NXG Base, Full and Professional, and those available in add ins and software suites.

Hope this helps,

Rebecca

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,696 Views)

Before I purchase a module, I would first like to do a small project with it. The evaluation period almost expired before I got started. Is it possible to extend the evaluation period?

Aart-Jan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously concerned about the Labview subscription model
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,616 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author aartjan

Hey Aart-Jan, 

You will be given an evaluation period for the software that you can extend to 45 days either through the activation wizard or at ni.com/extendevaluation.

Hope this helps,

Rebecca

Message 4 of 6
(3,611 Views)

When I first got exposed to LabVIEW NXG in Ni Days London 2017, it was never advertised as being an add on to LabVIEW NXG, but rather as being a part of LabVIEW NXG.

So I extended my SSP program just to get hand on LabVIEW NXG and its web module. Once installed to my great disappointing the web module is not included. So I wasted my money on the SSP program for nothing.

Not happy at all.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,463 Views)

Hey Aart-Jan,

NIWeek 2017 marked the release of LabVIEW NXG 1.0, at which time the Web Module would have been included. LabVIEW NXG Web Module is an Add-On to LabVIEW NXG 2.0 and newer.

We are packaging this separately from LabVIEW NXG so only those who need the Web Module can opt in, rather than having the price of LabVIEW/LabVIEW NXG go up and the whole install base fund technology they may not need.

The LabVIEW NXG Web Module is licensed on a per-developer basis. There is no deployment license (similar to Application Builder) so users can deploy their built applications on any deployment hardware (inc. 3rd party Web Servers). The LabVIEW NXG Web Module will also include an entitlement to the SystemLink Cloud as an SSP benefit. The SystemLink Cloud will provide WebVI hosting, and in-Browser dashboard editor and data communication services as an NI-hosted Cloud service.

I hope this helps explain the decision. If you have any more questions feel free to get in touch with the technical team at www.ni.com/ask or calling your local NI office.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,432 Views)