LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web hosting sources that are labview friendly?

I was wondering if anyone has eperience with using a web hosting service that allows you to install a labview RTE so that you can run a labview exe?  I have an application that is essentially a list of items in a listbox.  A user can click on an item in the listbox and load corresponding info from a sqlite database file.  I woud like users to be able to access and control this exe via a web browser.  I know the exe side of this can be done in labview (already have that part done).  What I don't know about is getting this running with a web hosting service.  Any advice?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,343 Views)

I'm almost certain this isn't going to be possible with any sort of shared hosting. You'd probably need to look at getting a Windows Server VPS or a Dedicated Windows Server that you can remote desktop into to install the LabVIEW run time and set up your application etc.

I guess you're intending to use Remote Front Panels for the access/control? Either that or you would need to remote desktop into the when you wanted to access/control the exe running on the server.

Interesting problem (one that isn't really suited to LabVIEW in my opinion - traditional web scripting languages can interface with sqlite and give you a nice web-page) but you can probably do it!

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,330 Views)

There is a project called LabVIEW Amazon Machine Image (LAMI) that has the ability to run LabVIEW Applications in Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2): https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/labview-amazon-machine-image-lami-lead-user-program

Milan
Message 3 of 3
(2,324 Views)