LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waveform

Hello Everybody

I am new to Labview and I am currently trying to develop a VI that will collect the Waveform that I detect from an Tektrokix 2024B oscillioscope. I am using a Tektronix TDS 200 1000 2000 library that has a few example VI's where I can collect the waveform or properties of the signal. I am currently using the Tektronix 200 1000 2000 Series acquire continuous waveform and Tektronix 200 1000 2000 Series aquire multiple waveforms and pass the values from these VI's into text file outputs

So here are the question that I have. The first is about the Acquire Multiple Waveforms VI, the data that it passes gives me a single number one per active channel, what is that number? Is it a peak to peak value an RMS value, etc.

My second question is that at times I get an error at random that causes either of the VI's to collect data at my for loop iteration, I posted a picture of it with the post.

I have also included my vi as well sorry if it is cumbersome, I think you can find the Tektronix 200 1000 2000 series library online, I know I did.

Any help would be great thanks a lot

Ryan

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,262 Views)

The scope function returns an entire array of data for each channel. You are using an incorrect VI to save it. Use the Export Waveforms to Spreadsheet File.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,252 Views)

Dennis

Thanks for the advice about using the export waveform function, just a quick question about that if you have the time; the numbers that it gives me are they the amplitudes of the points at those channels for each time point respectively? Can I recreate the waveforms in Matlab? (my overrall goal right now is to have a scanning microscope stage and at different points collect waveform data and characteristics like amplitude, peak to peak values etc.)

I also have a bigger problem now, for some reason at iterations of my for loop I run into the following error when I try and use the VI's that collect the amplitude data or when I use the VI's that try and collect the waveform points. I have attached it to this post. I don't know if it is an oscilloscope error or a VI error that contributing to this, but it is causing my VI to stop at that iteration if I do not acknowledge it. Any advice would be great.

Thanks again

Ryan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,229 Views)

Ryan,

I found a similar post on one of our past discussion forums. See below:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/Tektronix-scope-doesn-t-wait-for-the-trigger/...

I would contact Tektronix or check the manual for more information regarding these specific errors. But, if you would like to ignore these specific errors that are causing your VI to stop at that iteration if you don't acknowledge it, you can refer to this article:

Ignoring Particular Errors:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/BF72229C53F7633386256EDD0069331B?OpenDocument

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,184 Views)