From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waveform plot selected cursor issues

In LabVIEW 2016, I have a Waveform graph with multiple cursors. I use a For Loop to sequentially make each cursor active and allow the user to drag the active cursor to a new location. This is done with an event structure with two events; "Waveform Graph":Mouse Move to have the cursor follow the mouse movement and "Waveform Graph":Mouse Up to sense the mouse button and leave the cursor at that location. So far, so good - this works. But in the cursor legend, I have the name of the selected cursor colored so the user will know which one he/she is using. Unfortunately the selected cursor does NOT change when I change the active cursor - but it does change to the active cursor when the Mouse Up event (but not the Mouse Move event) completes.

Is there some way to set the selected cursor equal to the active cursor before the Mouse Up event completes? 

Thanks in advance.

Tom W.

------------------------------
All statements are my opinion and worth every cent you paid for them.
Tom Whitaker, CLD
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Give every man thy ear but few thy voice."
Polonius in Hamlet.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,399 Views)

I don't think the active cursor has anything directly to do with the highlighting that occurs. The highlighting has always bugged me as being unpredictable. Probably best to choose another way to keep the user informed (maybe update the trace color instead?)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,364 Views)

I agree but it is interesting in the test program that I attached that the selected cursor DOES change when I change the active cursor but it always lags one behind.

------------------------------
All statements are my opinion and worth every cent you paid for them.
Tom Whitaker, CLD
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Give every man thy ear but few thy voice."
Polonius in Hamlet.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,320 Views)