LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waveform error message

Hi all,

I reinstall and update Labview NXG2 to NXG3.. Before I had different problem. However now I am trying to get waveform from the oscilloscope and using the built-in block from the tektronix MSO5X series. I run the fetch(waveform) block but it is showing a error dialoge box as i enclose.. can any one had this problem before .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,067 Views)

Hi Kaysar)59NI,

Would you post the whole error message please? Are you able to share your project?

The error seems to indicate an issue with the Tektronix library. There were changes to how LabVIEW NXG is handling UTF-8 encoding, which might affect the Tektronix addon. See below.

LabVIEW NXG 3.0 Behavior Changes

http://www.ni.com/documentation/en/labview/3.0/manual/new-behavior-changes/

Thanks,
Frank

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,989 Views)

Hi fblerg,

Thanks for your reply.

I run and trigger my tektronix MSO64 oscilloscope and then run this block individually and gave visa resourece name and other information but until step 5.4(Read the waveform data) in the block i attached it runs good and inside the block it shows the error I also added.

BR

Kayesar

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,962 Views)

Hi Kaysar)59NI

Apologies for the delayed response and thanks for the full error and GVI. I believe that you are running into the UTF-8 encoding behavior change. We will need the Addon rebuilt in for NXG 3.0, which will need the Addon publisher to do. Let me see if there are any workaround that you could do. In the meantime, you can use NXG 2.0 temporarily until this is fixed.

Is this the add-on that you are using?

Tektronix MSO5X Series Oscilloscope

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=5384DD4E307874B7E05400144FFBB3...

Thanks,

Frank

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,932 Views)

Hi Kaysar)59NI

I spoke with a colleague, and it likely that this error is being throw at the String Length after the VISA Read (Instr, string).gvi. You should be able to change the VISA Read (Instr, string) to a VISA Read byte Array, and remove the type cast, and avoid this error. One other question: Is this VI part of the shipping Tektronix Addon or a VI that you developed? 

Visa read string to read binary.png

Also, please see this post for more info on the changes to character encoding in NXG:

Designing LabVIEW NXG: How Unicode Benefits You

Thanks,
Frank
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,897 Views)