LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waveform data start from zero using arduino interface

How can i start waveform plotting from Zero instead of time or date? I'm using arduino interface.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,257 Views)

Hi George,

how is "waveform plotting" related to "arduino interface"?

Can you please explain "start … from Zero instead of time or date"? Where do you see "time or date"?

Can you share your current VI to let us actually see your problem?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,223 Views)

Dear The Knight of NI 😊

I have attached the VI in this email, please see attachment. The analogue reading should be recorded over the time and I would like to start from zero on X axis. Besides that, I have another question regarding the LED and analogue reading from photodiode. Now, the LED is turn on during analogue read, but I would like to turn on the LED a few millisecond before reading the analogue signal (photodiode) to let the LED warn up and turn of the LED after the analogue reading. Is that possible to do it? Your help will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks

George  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,208 Views)

Hi George,

The analogue reading should be recorded over the time and I would like to start from zero on X axis.

Set the x axis to "relative time"…

Now, the LED is turn on during analogue read, but I would like to turn on the LED a few millisecond before reading the analogue signal (photodiode) to let the LED warn up and turn of the LED after the analogue reading. Is that possible to do it?

This "sequence of states" really enforces just one answer: use a state machine!

Define some states (like "turn on LED", "wait warmup time", "read analogue input", "turn off LED", "save data") and have your state machine execute those states in the desired order.

LabVIEW comes with an example project of a stae machine!

On your VI: you really should THINK DATAFLOW to have those Arduino functions execute in a certain order (instead of "parallel" like you do now). It will also help you to get rid of this sequence structure…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,205 Views)