LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waveform compare

hello everybody. i have a question how to compare two wawveforms ,which is turned by a 1-D array .
   how to know the relations between the two .  is there  the function in labview .my version is LabVIEW 7.1.

thanks .
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,492 Views)
What do you mean by "compare 2 waveforms" ? There are loads of possibilities in LabVIEW. First thing that could help to compare would be to have to curves on the same graph/chart, would that match your needs ??

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,487 Views)
Hi, I think you really need to clarify what about the two waveforms you want to know. Cos you can:
1. Plot them and compare
2. Perform spectral analysis and compare
3. Use correlation and correlation coefficients to compare
So it really depends on what you're looking for.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
NI labview 8 tutorial videos available at www.fafiles.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
National Instruments LabVIEW beginner video tutorials available at www.fafiles.com. Get Wired Up!!!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,482 Views)

Hi,

I've got a question about comparing different datatypes. We show two different signals on a chart. one is the temperature and another plot shows the temperature limit. if the temperature exeeds this limit the output of the compare instruction must go hi. In the beginning this worked because we used DLB for waveform and limitplot. But now we need to compare DBL and waveform how do we do that?

Thanks in advance!

Gerrit

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,258 Views)

Hi herrit,

you can use the "Get Waveform Components" to get a dbl array of your values.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,252 Views)