From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waveform chart not working with boolean

Here is a much simpler implementation.  It got rid of almost all the blue wires.  None are going through queues now.  And it got rid of unnecessary extra loops.  Charts and indicator updates really belong in the same loop, and that gets rid of a notifier.

Look at some comments I have in the disabled parts of the code.  The event structures look like they would have problems, and the logic for those additional loops doesn't make sense to me.  I'm pretty sure all of those event structure loops could be combined into a single loop.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,010 Views)

Thanks for working with my code. When I run the version you sent me, I am able to read any values. The chart is updating with what appears to be correct values, but the numeric indicators return 0 for all channels. Also, the chart is updating very slowly and gives an error saying there is not enough memory.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(962 Views)

I dont' know why the chart would be working and the indicators not.  The data is all coming from the same source.  It is possible that there is a conversion problem with the From DDT express VI that is in the consumer loop.  It is essentially hiding one last evil blue dynamic data type wire where it is converting the array of waveforms back to the DDT (you can't see it, but it's happening in that coercion dot).  Then the express VI (which can often be evil, but in this case made it easy to grab the last value form each waveform without a lot of code) is converting that to the array of numerics.

Are you having the issue trying to use the modified VI that I gave you?  Or did you try to replicate that VI in your own original VI (in which case made you didnt' do things quite the same way.)

Trying using the troubleshooting tools such as probes to figure it out.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(940 Views)