From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wave form chart refrence creating trouble

hi there!

i am stuck with waveform chart. my chart works fine when i give it a sine wave or  6 channels data from DAQ. but as soon as i give a wave form chart reference to scale y axis, chart stops displaying graph. why is that so? what am i doing wrong

Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,365 Views)

Hi aliana,

two notes:

- you need to set the ActiveScale before you set the other Y scale properties

- maybe you shouldn't make the plot invisible…

more notes:

- why do you convert a waveform to an array of waveforms using the FromDDT function? (Why not use BuildArray? Why build an array at all?)

- with all those bended wires the data will flow slower than usual. Please use AutoCleanup from time to time!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 5
(2,347 Views)

thank you for your reply..

yes i gave a try to what you suggested. removed conversion from dynamic data and directly gave it to chart. Also tried your suggestion about property node Active Y scale. but unfortunately m unable to set the grid properly like the most graphs we have.

Untitled.jpgUntitled.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,311 Views)

Anyone please reply i am unable to set charts grids. between 10 to -10 i want to add markers at 5 and -5 through coding. but i am unable to do so.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,286 Views)

Hi aliana,

works fine for me:

check.png

Keep in mind: LabVIEW will not show all intended scale marker values when the scale is too small to show them…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,283 Views)