LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

warning I don't understand

Hello,

I received this warning message, but I don't understand it. Can anyone tell me what's it about?

Warning 1073676294 occurred at VISA Read in SERIAL.vi->testrs232.vi.

Possible reasons:

VISA: (Hex 0x3FFF0006) The number of bytes transferred is equal to the input count.

Thank you, merci, gracias, danke schön

Julien
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,554 Views)
This is a status report, not an error.
See:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C96C84C922DC3F978625632500482F78

Have fun,

Putnam Monroe
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,532 Views)
Hi Julien,

The same thing happened to me and after a while I realize that I was not always sending the termination character (cariage return in my case) at the end of my strings.
Make sure you configure the COM port properly (read the device's documentation) and be sure to send the correct ending char every time you send a string to the device.

Message Edité par TiTou le 03-21-2006 01:35 PM

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,393 Views)
This warning has nothing to do with sending a termination character. It has to do with not receiving one. If you configure VISA to disable receipt of the termination character and just specify a certain number of bytes to read, you get the warning that more bytes might be available. In serial communication, if the instrument does not send a termination character, you will always get this warning and can usually just ignore it. If you get this warning with a GPIB instrument, it should not be ignored because every GPIB instrument should send a termination character (EOI) at the end of the string and the warning indicates that the number of bytes requested was not large enough.
Message 4 of 4
(2,375 Views)