LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

want to use stepper motor with myrio for xy plotter

I am currently working on a XY plotter project , i want to use 2 steppers motors for that . can you help me with what type of stepper motors to use and what drivers to use . i dont need a much torque . just need to control both bidirectional motors with myrio.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,145 Views)

Hi Ramu,

usually you select the steppers based on on your mechanics requirements. Then you select a motor driver suitable for the stepper motor with the communication bus you need/want to use (analog/digital inputs, CAN, serial port).

Once you have choosen your stepper motors with a driver you can come back with specific questions and a manual of the motor driver…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,113 Views)

i am looking to use the nema-17 stepper motor with the l298n driver with the myrio. can i know on what approach i can plot the image in a paper. i have an idea of using two stepper motors for 2 axis(x and y), and a servo motor for the pen up and down motion ..iam finging the edges of the image using canny edge detector . can u suggest some approach on converting the outline of the image in to an alorithm that plots the image in a paper. i have heard about the g codes, but not sure wheather i can create or work with it using myrio, if there is any possibility, let me know

Thank you

Ram prakash.N (CLAD)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,093 Views)