LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vxlapi LIN

@jagsrathod1234 wrote:

Is it possible to read the unique code of vector hardware interface device? 

Thanks in Advance 

Yes!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 40
(628 Views)

so can I consider serial number of vector driver as a unique code

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 40
(618 Views)

@jagsrathod1234 wrote:

so can I consider serial number of vector driver as a unique code

Have you read the Vector CAN documentation? They say in there that you need to use both their product ID and serial Number to get a unique identifier for your hardware.

And if if you have cards with more than one port and want to identify a specific port on a specific card, you have to add the port number as well to your "unique identifier".

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 40
(609 Views)

where it can be mention i am not able to find

thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 40
(606 Views)

in LIN why i am not able to open multiple ports using "xlopenport" function of vector driver  

give me suggestion

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 40
(547 Views)

when I run Linbus for vector first time its run fine, and at the same time run Linbus again then its shows me "xlOpenPortFailed" error 

means at the same time I am not able to run Linbus multiple time for sending multiple Message

please give me suggestion

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 40
(520 Views)

Please make sure you have read and understood how the LIN functions work for the Vector vxlapi in section 6 of the XL Driver Library documentation.

It explains how you must use each of the LIN functions. It also explains that you must have "init" access when opening the port.  So if the port has not been closed properly in the previous iteration, you will not be able to open it again.  If you are using the example code, it closes the port properly so that it will work again on the next run.

If you want help with your code then you have to attach it.

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 40
(493 Views)

VectorOperationError: xlLinSendRequest failed (XL_ERR_INVALID_ACCESS) [Error Code 112]

while sending lin messages "xlLinSendRequest" function work in lin but not working in uds_lin for same input parameters i am getting above error.

plz give suggestion

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 40
(464 Views)

Are you deliberately not posting your code because it is python and this is a LabVIEW forum?

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 40
(459 Views)

First, this is not a Vector CAN support forum.

Second, you have not posted anything that would even show that you are trying to use this with LabVIEW. 

And third but not the least, you really need to work on your communication-skills! You fire off requests for support for a product that is not from NI, never respond to any questions directed at you, never say if you solved the previous problem, nor how, and keep ignoring us completely.

As far as I’m concerned, I refuse to even look at your posts from now on and I guess other people in this thread are starting to feel the same!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 40
(453 Views)