LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vision builder

Hi:

I am brand new to Vision and could really use some help.  My application is quite simple, I want a camera to detect any non-white object that is on a white batt of fibers.  The batt is moving at 20 yards per minute, is about 60" wide and is backlit.  I tested a sensor with an effective reslotion of about 376 by 240 and it could consistently detect objects that were 1/16th of an inch and greater using blob analysis.  The software in the sensor made it very simple but most of the smart cameras would give me a much greater reslotion.  So I am trying to use NI's Vision Builder along with 1-2 high resolution smart cameras to accomplish my task.     

The problem is that I am absolutely now to vision and spoiled by the ease of operating the sensor.  Does anyone have any ideas as to how to structure a simple program in Vision Builder to accomplish this task?  I can't buy the camera or software till I know they will work.  So now I'm using the trial version of Vsion Builder and a regular cam but can't figure out the programming pieces.

Many Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,035 Views)

In order to familiarize yourself with Vision Builder AI is to walk yourself through the step by step tutorials that come with the program.  When you open Vision Builder AI the splash screen should have a link to the tutorial under help.  The first chapter is good to scan through but the actual walkthroughs start in chapter 2 and all the tutorials include example images to use.  The main idea is that Vision Builder works in linear steps.  Once you get a feel for how the program works you can use a threshold function to seperate the non-white parts.  Afterwards you can perform particle analysis (blob analysis) in Vision Builder.  This would be a good starting step.

Regards,

Isaac S.

Regards,
Isaac S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,014 Views)