LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visa

Solved!
Go to solution

I don't have any NI hardwares. But i want to intreface temp sensor (some sensor) with labview. Is it possible with VISA. And please give me guidence.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,741 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sardarsree

VISA is used to pass messages between an application and some hardware that can be controlled by those messages.  Unless your sensor has some means of communication (like a GPIB interface, Enet port, COM port etc....) VISA can't really talk to it. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,739 Views)

sir,

Thank you..

Please tel me how to interface a sensor with labview without NI hardware.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,725 Views)

You need to tell us what the sensor is and what type of interfaces it provides.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,719 Views)

sorry.

serial port temperature sensor.

And

Can you provide VI which can comminicate with pendrive. like to see files in pendrive and format that pendrive .

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,702 Views)

If it's a serial port sensor then you'd communicate with it via the serial port. LabVIEW ships with a couple of serial port examples. Before you do that you should try to communicate with it outside of LabVIEW by using somethng like HyperTerminal if you're on Windows or some other free serial port terminal program. This will allow you to verify you have the right settings and the right cable.

As for the pendrive, your question is vague. When you plug in a pendrive it just shows up a drive in the operating system and you can access it using the file I/O functions. If you are trying to do raw USB communication, then you will need to get a lot more details from the manufacturer. If that is not what you meant then please describe exactly what you are trying to do.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,683 Views)

Thanks a lot.....

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,674 Views)