LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visa write

hello everyone

i wanna send float data from Lab View to Arduino in Proteus through visa write , but visa write not accept float number(my data such as 1017.8) , it accept just string value , so how i can convert float to string in Lab View or any other way for solve my problem .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,951 Views)

Look on the string pallet. There is a tab for string conversions. It allows you to convert to and from strings. 

Example.png

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,942 Views)

Learn LabVIEW.  There are tutorials listed on the first page of this Forum. 

Are you familiar with any other Programming Language?  Does the concept of a Floating Point number (stored internally in some funny format that you might not really understand, but "know" it is not a String) and the concept of a String (representing an encoding of alphanumeric representations of things such a Integers, Floating Point Numbers, Boolean values, etc.,  designed for "Human communication", but not for "number-crunching" or "logical decision-making") something you've never encountered before?  Did you explore the Block Diagram Palettes?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,932 Views)

thanks ^_^

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,915 Views)

no ; because i think it was not converter , but now i have the idea 

thanks  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,912 Views)

Shameless plug: VIWeek 2020/Proper way to communicate over serial 

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 6
(1,890 Views)