LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visa read help for LAN

Hi all

I'm facing a very simple problem which I'm unable to solve.

I'm communicating with an instrument via LAN. Upon any query using visa write and read I'm getting two types of error for the response.

First one is where I'm providing the byte count input more than what it is reading, (as my output has variable length) I'm ending up with timeout error.

Second One is when I'm enabling channel to detect the termination character and process the data using property node. This time I'm ending up with error saying your instrument does not support this feature. 

I don't know any other method to read data from the instrument without getting any error. Please help me in this regard.

TIA

Dibyaranjan Senapati

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,131 Views)

What instrument is this? Is it VXI/LXI compliant or just using "plain" TCP/IP?

Can you post the code that would generate these errors?  VI is best, not just a picture.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,125 Views)

It is a DC E-Load from a company called ITECH. And it is simple TCP/IP. Attaching the vi .

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,080 Views)

Your command "SOUR:FUNC?" is missing a termination character.  (Unless is being concatenated to the end inside that lone subVI that isn't attached.)  Does the manual say you should have one?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,076 Views)

Yes, the termination character is concatenated inside the subVI. And yes the manual says to have an termination character to be concatenated to each command send via VISA write.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,068 Views)