LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vi server - Error 1000

Good Morning All,

I have two simple VIs thats basically running timer with nothing else (Vis are called Left and Right). I am trying to learn and understand VI server capabilities. Eventually I will have 3 VIs running (Main calling two sub VIs Left and Right). Each VIs (Main to Left and Right, Left to right, and Right to Left) will have Data, Controls and Indicators passed to and from each other. Codes sample images below. When running Main that calls Left and Right I'm getting error 1000. I have read most blogs related to VI servers on this forum but could not fix the prob. Any help is appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,465 Views)

Since you didn't provide your code, I can only guess.  Notice in the detailed description of the Run VI method, it says "You cannot use this method to run a VI that is already reserved for execution by another VI."  Probably you are referencing the subVIs somewhere in the main VI; and that causes them to be reserved for execution.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Message 2 of 7
(3,450 Views)
Are the two VIs (left and right) the same? If so you could have one VI that served both functions, but with different input parameters.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,444 Views)

Thank you for your prompt response. Attached is the code. I am only calling the VI from Main for the first time.

I saw your second post about two VIs doing the same thing. Currently I'm only trying to get it running in parallel. It will have different functions in the end. Since I'm new to this I may have missed a file in zip. Let me know. Thanks for all your help!!

Br,

Ken

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,440 Views)
Running VIs in parallel is basically pretty easy. The link in my signature is to my blog and I have written a lot about how to implement parallelism.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 5 of 7
(3,429 Views)

Mike,

Thank you, I've just registered on your blog and I will go thru it.

Br,

Ken

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,424 Views)

MIke,

I looked at your blog and still clueless.

Please see my code .zip attached in previous posts.

Any help is appreciated.

Br,

Ken

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,386 Views)