From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vi.lib VI missing from library - Corrupt Build Real-Time FPGA

I created an application for cRIO that used User-Defined Variables (FPGA to RT)

My application ran fine in source but returned an error when running as an executable.

The error came from reading the User-Defined Variable nodes (the error was saying it could not be found or similar). 

The fix was to uncheck Modify project library after removing unused members in the Additional Exclusions tab of the RT build spec

ex.png

However, whilst building LabVIEW kept looking for the _Status.vi which does not exist in the default directory below (and I can't find it in vi.lib). 

missingVI.png

Has anyone seen this happen before?

Cheers

JG 

Certified LabVIEW Architect * LabVIEW Champion
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,003 Views)
This problem can be casued when certain shared components are missing, even though you may not use the _Status VI. It may be part of a shared component within LabVIEW Real-Time or FPGA. Try caching your install CD's to disk to avoid this issue. As described in this KB-->Why Do I Get A "Missing Distribution" or "Distributions Needed" Error When Trying to Build an Instal...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,990 Views)

Thanks for the reply Hueter.

I am not building an installer, so I can't see how caching install CD's would help in this case.

The LabVIEW dialog is searching for the VI during a build and it is missing from vi.lib.

Cheers

JG 

Certified LabVIEW Architect * LabVIEW Champion
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,983 Views)
If you are seeing this dialog when you are just trying to load VIs you may want to to a repair on your LabVIEW development system. Just go to Add\Remove programs on the control panel and select National Instruments software so you can repair the individual components.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,968 Views)

Hye,

Im too new in labview.. But, now i faced this problem. I ever try what Hueter's said.And also used the windows system restore program.

The serching _status.vi still happen. If i let this problem happen, can i run the crio+host computer normally?

I was build the host computer program into the execute file. I let the labview to search the _status.vi file until the

build application finish n succesfully.

If we has a way to solve this, how do we do it?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,613 Views)