LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vi crashes Labview due to a graph without a cursor lengend

I ran my top level vi and it was working fine until I added an annotation to one of my graphs. When I tried to reopen the file after saving, Labview crashed which makes me believe that the file is now corrupt. The error report shows the following message, "c:\builds\penguin\labview\branches\2010\dev\source\heapobjs\StdGraph.cpp(8807) : DAbort: A graph without a cursor legend is a big problem.". I've read many forums about similar issues and I have read that there are certain "debugging tricks" that one can applied to fix the problem. Is there any chance of this? I haven't backed up this file for about two weeks and I don't really want to lose all the progress that I have made. I have attached the vi and the error report to this message. I run LV 8.2 and have already tried opening it on a different computer and newer version of LV and still no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Corey
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,128 Views)

So, I get exactly the same issue. Unfortunately, since the VI is corrupted, there's not a whole lot I can do with it. If it's just a matter of an insane object, we can usually do some troubleshooting, but in this case, the VI won't even open.

I really hate to say it, but beyond recovering from a backup, I don't think we have many options in this case.

Caleb Harris

National Instruments | Mechanical Engineer | http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,089 Views)