From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vector xl driver: labview wrapper

Hey Mr. TroyK,

I m using your vector xl driver labview wrapper in which I m using stimulated LIN test, I m using CANCase XL card with me I tried the setup and run  the program and I m sending 1B & 3B data from master but the bus monitor is not showing any response from the slave can you please provide me the solution as well as your email address.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,216 Views)

If you want to send the Forum User "TroyK" a Message, you can send it to him using the Messaging Feature, otherwise you are depending on his reading this Forum and noticing his name.  Might never happen.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,178 Views)

Bob is right about addressing a direct message to a user, although I do get notified whenever someone uses the term "vxlapi", which you correctly added as a tag. Smiley Wink

The vxlapi driver is not my product. I'm just some random LabVIEW developer who needed to use the Vector hardware for CAN and LIN communications so I shared the dll wrapper library I developed. Out of the goodness of my heart I do try to answer queries about it in the forum when I can.

No, you can't have my email address (unless you want to offer me a high-paying job?). You can directly contact me with a PM if you must but I prefer to answer help type questions in the forum so everyone else can benefit from the answers.

Now, to answer your question I first want to make sure you know what to expect from a LIN master/slave.

Are you using my LIN example program: Simulate LIN network -master transmit.vi from the wrapper document here:Vector XL Driver - LabVIEW wrappers?

Did you follow all the instructions on it's front panel?

You do know that on a LIN bus the slave doesn't "respond" in the traditional sense? A LIN slave will wait for the master node to output a LIN frame ID that it has been predefined to react to. Once the slave sees it's ID on the bus it fills in the data portion of that very same frame which the master initiated.

So if you're seeing an ID and data with no frame error on the bus, then the slave HAS responded.

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
Message 3 of 5
(3,144 Views)

Hi  TroyK,

if UDS is implemented and the:

service request has 3 bytes:  [0A,0B,0C]

and the service respons has 9 Bytes:  [01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09]

How is this UDS request to respons  done with Vector CAN hardware ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,710 Views)

If UDS is implemented (which sits on layers 5 and 7 of the OSI model) then you must first have implemented the ISO 15765-2 transport layer (layer 4) which tells you how to "packetise" the information to fit into CAN or CAN-FD frames.

This is not a "CAN Vector hardware" question.

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,701 Views)