From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using labview to control logic analyser

I would like to ask some question about how can we use Labview to control TLA.

1. If I use VISA, if the PC with labview adt as client while  TLA as server?
2. If yes, what version of MAX should  I install on TLA715?
3. If I need a seperate license for the MAX installed on TLA715
4. If there are any other method other then VISA to control TLA by labview?

Thank you!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,878 Views)
You will not be installing anything on the TLA715. MAX is installed as part of the installation of VISA when you install LabVIEW, so it gets installed on the PC. You don't need MAX to talk to the TLA715, but it can be used to troubleshoot connection problems, as well as configure aliases for VISA connections. You control the TLA715 using VISA by sending GPIB commands to it and getting data via GPIB. If the TLA715 has an ethernet connection you can talk to it using this. VISA will allow you to use either connection type.

Is VISA the only way to control the instrument? That depends on whether or not it comes with another interface, such as an ActiveX DLL or something. Again, you need to check the documentation of the instrument.

I would suggest heading over to the NI Learning Center and looking over some of the articles on instrument control.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,859 Views)

Thank you!

Now I can access to the TLA.

How every I can not load or save modules using labview drivers.

The error code as  "Error calling method Tektronix.LogicAnalyzer.TpiNet.ISaveModule.SaveModule of ObjectId handle: 0x99D1120 for obj 0x3187884[LAModule] in domain [Tektronix TLA Series.lvproj for Run] and thread 2608, (System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
 Inner Exception: System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Server encountered an internal error.  For more information, turn on customErrors in the server's .config file.
) in Tektronix TLA Series.lvlib:Save Module Setup.vi->save_load.vi"

Have any one meet this problem?

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,810 Views)
Based on the error it looks like the driver set you have is based on .NET and not VISA. Where did you get the drivers?

Looks like it's these drivers, right? Unfortunately, that error doesn't tell you much, which is pretty typical of what happens when you call .NET from LabVIEW. I would suggest opening the "Save Module Setup" VI while you're running the code and seeing what inputs are passed to the VI to make sure the inputs are correct. You may just be feeding incorrect values.

Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 02-26-2008 09:21 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,795 Views)