From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using different hardware of the same type

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author rotstocksonne

You may not need to import your configuration if everything was hard coded in the software. Where I believe that you are having problems is if the device name is not the same. You plugged the USB device into the new computer and it is called Dev1 but on the old computer it was called Dev2. You need to check what your device was called on the old computer and make the new computer have the same name or you will need to edit your code to do as mentioned above to make your software search for a device that is connected and send that forward in your code. Of course that can be very problematic if you have more than one daq card of the same type (i.e. having 2 usb 6009 daq cards).

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(693 Views)

You say, "It just will not respond to the task..."  DAQmx *should* not simply not respond, though it may respond by returning an error.  Do you have error handling in place in case this is what is happening?

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(688 Views)
Really, @McDan

see The "THIS IS NOT A BUG" thread.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(680 Views)

You should change the name of your Dev1 to something that makes sens such acq_1. When you do that, you can go onto Max and rename it on your target machine. When you start attaching to the device, it will now use acq_1. You do not have to worry about if it is dev1 or 2. You now control the device. I do this with my camera. One is a USB and the other is an IEEE camera.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(672 Views)

Jeff,

I'm not sure which thread you're referring to there, though perhaps my response didn't come across as intended.

My assumptions are 1) Application and driver are installed correctly.  2) The device was installed and recognized correctly.  At this point, I'm unclear about what action was taken to handle the different hardware of the same type, so I'm not sure if the import of the MAX configuration was required or not.  However, if assumptions 1 and 2 are correct, then I would expect to see a DAQmx error if the channel configuration didn't match up with any device on the system.  It's certainly possible there's a bug in DAQmx (which is why I put asterisks around should), however I did want to make sure that we could eliminate an unhandled error as the explanation.  I've seen this in other cases and since we haven't seen any code, I figured I'd ask.

Again, sorry if that didn't come across as intended.

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(667 Views)

thank you all. it was very helpful.

@Jeff p Bohrer: actually I have been trying with that configuration afer your first post but somehow I failed on the end since I got the problem like Robert had
http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/Errors-importing-MAX-nce-configuration/td-p/93561

with the difference that I used MAX 5.0

However even though I had followed the procedure which was advied and which helped Robert (I mean the partial deinstallation), it did not help me ...

I achieved my goal only by applying and modyfying the Tim - aeasted's method: I simply configured the tasks on the computer without LV but with MAX anew giving them exact names as they in the original VI and consequently in the application and installer made out of that very first VI.

I know that it is not very elegant solution .... nevertheless IT WORKS 😉

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(658 Views)
Rot .. if it works, it works. elegance is not required. As Larry the cable guy says, "Get-r-done"

Mcdan. ask Roy F or check my posts on pvt boards for xanadu

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(643 Views)