LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using a DAQCard-1200 on Windows XP w/ LabView 8.0

I'm attempting to connect a Windows XP equipped laptop running LabView 8.0 with a DAQCard-1200.  I originally gathered data from an experiment from an older computer running LabView 6, and so I copied the vi over to the new system.  Originally I was missing some subVIs from the DAQ folder.  Now I've copied files from the older version that it was missing (AI acquire waveforms, 1easyio.lbb, files of that nature) into the new folder DAQmx.  These files create the error message "... is not executable".  I've read some stuff of the discussion boards that it seems to me that DAQ isn't the same as DAQmx, but I'm not sure why.  As soon as I fix this problem, I'm also having difficulty installing the new 6.9.3 driver for the DAQCard-1200 because theres a newer version installed.  I found the discussion board topic about how to uninstall newer versions through the control panel and I did that, but that's actually when the problems started happening with non-executable vi's.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,345 Views)

Hi Mike,

You are correct that Traditional NI-DAQ and DAQmx are different.  Before setting up a system you need to determine which one is right for you.  You can check here to see the most recent version(s) of the driver which are compatable with your hardware. The DAQCard-1200 is not supported by DAQmx, and the most recent version of Traditional DAQ which is compatable is NI-DAQ 6.9.3.

The second thing to take into consideration is software compatibility.  You must check to see what LabVIEW versions are compatable with DAQmx 6.9.3.  This information is provided to you in a Knowledge Base.  Traditional NI-DAQ was designed for use in LabVIEW 6.1.  It will also install to earlier versions back until LabVIEW 5.0.1.  Although it is not recommended, it is possible to use DAQ 6.9.3 with LabVIEW 8.0.  The procedure for getting this to work is outlined in Using Older Versions of NI-DAQ (6.9.3) with LabVIEW 7.x or 8.x.

After installing the correct version of the driver, you can try opening and running your VI.  There may be some minor modifications required to get the application to run in LabVIEW 8.0.  Do not copy DAQ or DAQmx VIs between computers.  It is likely that this can cause difficulty in communicating with your device due to incompatibilities (i.e a newer VI may not be compatable with your DAQCard-1200).  If you find that you are still unable to run your VI after following the above suggestions, post back with the problem you are having for further guidance. If possible, it would be recommended to upgrade your hardware and begin working with DAQmx to ensure the best possible support with your application.

Hope this helps,

Jennifer O.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,332 Views)