From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using EXT trigger 3499A and polling status

I was looking for a way to use the EXT trigger as a way to make my code wait.  I am not familar with its function though.  Looking through the manual, I do not see a way to status the trigger.  I was hoping I could set the EXT trigger up and then poll its status.  Once I see it has triggered, I can continue on with my code.  I am sending RS-232 commands if that matters.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,453 Views)

That does not sound like a LabVIEW question. It is very instrument specific. You have not specified it but I'm guessing you are referring to the HP/Agilent/Keysight 3499. If there is something, it would probabl;y be in one of the instrument registers (Status Byte, Event, etc.) or OPC. A quesry to the vendor is going to provide the best information.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,446 Views)

Its the Agilent 3499A/B/C Switch/Control System.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,437 Views)
And have you asked Agilent tech support? As I said, this is not a LabVIEW issue.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,424 Views)

The labview issue is how to code it in labview since that is what I am using.  I have since decided to use the DIO port though as this seems easier.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,411 Views)
If you don't know what to query the instrument with, it's not a LabVIEW issue. The instrument either has or has not the command. The language that you use to implement a command is irrelevant. That is why you have to refer to the manual and the vendor.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,405 Views)