LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using Call library function to call *.dll file

Hello 

I have got *.dll file of third party USB DAQ system which i need to communicate with the labview tool
i am using.I have used Call Library function to call that *.dll file into my VI.

Now the problem is, labview tool has many(around 200) VI's.
But i used Call library function to call that *.dll file in only Analog Input channel VI where
actually the channels from the USB DAQ system are read.That particular VI is working fine.

Then ouput from this VI is inter-linked with many VI's.

When i run the top level file......it is not reading any info about USB DAQ system which is being called.

My point of query is, do i need to use call *.dll file in all the VI's or only the file where
Analog input channels are associated and initialised?

Thanks

-Kirit

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,190 Views)

Hai,

It is not at all necessary to call a dll in all the associated vi's. It depends on your application. In your case, it seems for reading the channels from DAQ only the dll is necessary. So the problem may be different and not the dll. You told the particular vi having the dll is running OK.

And the top level vi is not reading any info. What is happening actually? Please tell in bit detail.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,187 Views)

Thank you Mathan!

The following attachment contains VI's, that already has option for rack & portable device selection, but i want to add third party device which is also portable system with 8 or 16 Analog input channels.

I strongly believe that these VI's hold main logic in handling & detecing the devices and other VI's support and take output from these VI's to do the later process.

If you need anything else, i can send you

Thanks

Regards

Kirit

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,171 Views)

Mathan

I suppose you understood the VI's objective.

This VI has looping option to switch from rack or portable or third party DAQ system.

rack(16 - 32 AI channels) and portable(8 - 16 AI Channels) option in the case structure are doing fine as they are interfaced with NI devices.

And third party "USB DAQ" device(8 - 16 AI channels) option in the case structure needs drivers(.dll) to communicate with the labview software.

By using Call library option i am calling that drivers to communicate.

1. Channels -new.VI where i have deplyed drivers is fine, i can run the file and see the signal.

There is  one more VI which is also as important as the channels-new VI in terms of Analog input channels reading options.

2.  daq-set-start.VI , where we need to initialise devices that are connected.

both this VI's communicate each other and the output from this VI's will be used to support other VI's for any analysis.

Hope you understood the problem.

Thanks

-Kirit

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,143 Views)