LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user interface creation

I want to build a user interface that helps me to run the different VIs of my project

look example below

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,352 Views)

Use the vi's you want to run from the main screen as sub vi's

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,338 Views)

could you explain more ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,320 Views)

Effectively you want a main VI that sits on the top level you can then call the other sub VI's as of and when you need them with an event structure. I've attached two VI's explaining what I mean. If this isn't what you're after I suspect you'll want a state machine.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,310 Views)

Well, do you want something to happen when you change tab, or is it just to organize controls?
In both cases you'll need an event structure but react to tab change and/or button presses.

What are you trying to achieve and how far have you come?

Post VI.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,271 Views)

I want this interface to be dynamic.
in other words, I want it to interact with the user.
so I would like to use my VIs to establish this communication.
in fact, I'm developing this interface to send G-code instructions to my Arduino board via the serial port and to acquire Arduino data and display it.
for example, when the user presses an open button in the main VI, he will open the subVI connected to it and many other things
So, as you said, I have to use the structure of the event, but I have no idea how it works or how can I handle it
so any information can help
thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,258 Views)

Did you look at the example uploaded? It does exactly what you're asking for. I can save it for a previous version if you don't have Labview 2017.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,256 Views)