cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use data from array

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys,

I think this question will be very easy. 😐 I have 1 array and which values come from 2 clusters. And after that, i will need to re-use the values from the array independently. I will need to call the 1st column values, then from 2nd column, etc. How do i do that? 

Thanks.

TN
Currently using LV 8.5
logo
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 29
(3,097 Views)

Hi THN,

if you have an array, then you can use the "Index Array" function to get the column you need.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 29
(3,090 Views)
Yes, but in my specific case, when "n" is 3 for ex., i will need to know all the 3 columns and to use its values, all at same time. And from what i've seen, with the index, i can only see 1 column at time. Am i wrong?
TN
Currently using LV 8.5
logo
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 29
(3,086 Views)

Hi THN,

you can resize the "index Array" function.

Can you explain what you try to do?

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 29
(3,084 Views)

I will attach a scratch from what i'm doing. But, resuming it, the user will fill the 2 clusters, that will lead to an array. And after it, i will need to use the column values to make other processes. But if "n" is 2, i will need values from columns 1 and 2, independently. See if you understand me better from the attach.

Thanks for the help.

TN
Currently using LV 8.5
logo
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 29
(3,071 Views)

Hi THN,

i made some changes in your vi, but i'm not really sure which array you mean. I marked something in your code, is it what you need?

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 29
(3,066 Views)

Thanks for your improvements. What i need are the values from 1st and 2nd segment, when the "N" is 2. One important thing i forgot to tell you, the user starts by inserting values on the clusters, and after it, they see their choices on the array, and they can still edit the array values there, 1 by 1. What i mean is, values from column 1 does not have to be equal to column 2. And what you marked in the attach, was something like that, right?

Thanks for your time and patience.

TN
Currently using LV 8.5
logo
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 29
(3,063 Views)

Hi THN,

see this example. From what i understand now, this could work for you.

Mike

Message 8 of 29
(3,058 Views)

It's still not that. :S

Let me try to explain some other way, the user fills cluster 1 and 2, those values go into the array. The function of the arrayis to create "N" cases and to allow the user to edit each value, 1 by 1. After finishing this process, the VI will have to assume the 5 values of each column, which means, that those values will be variables to another process, that's why i need it separated by values and by columns.

I hope you got my idea now.

Thanks for your time and your effort, i'm going to give you a kudo for your patience and help :).

TN
Currently using LV 8.5
logo
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 29
(3,056 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author THN

Hi THN,

i don't see the problem. You can fill the clusters. The array will be updated. You can change the array element and with the "Get" Button you get an array from the first and the second element.

In this version the result of the get fills a 2d array with all your values. Now you can use the "index array" function to get the value(s) you need.

Mike

Message Edited by MikeS81 on 07-17-2009 11:25 AM
Message 10 of 29
(3,052 Views)