LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb interfacing in labview

does any body did project in time to digital converter (TDC) in labview n using usb cable for communication with pc instead of pci card.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,346 Views)
Please add more info on your problem, it is unclear what you want.

André
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,314 Views)
It sounds like they have a time-to-digital converter instrument that has a USB interface rather than one that you plug into a computer's motherboard. Either way you should have gotten drivers for the instruments. At the very least you should have gotten some sort of DLL or library that you're supposed to use to call from a program.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,306 Views)
i am having project of TDC (in labview) and we have used pci card for interfacing ....now i have to shift that whole interfacing insteat of pci card on usb ...i am having problem in converting the write and read vi of pci card into usb.i am attaching that file ..in that file visa resource i have used pci card but now i have to replace that with usb raw when i m replacing that then i am not able to write in that visa out.

Thank you

Robin.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,221 Views)
This article may be of some help.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,217 Views)
I want to also add that the type of USB interface will make a difference. For example, the use of FTDI (http://www.ftdichip.com/) devices and their drivers is pretty simple to use with LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,211 Views)
i have read that article of NI but for usb raw not much information n not a single example is given.....tys for reply.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,196 Views)
does anybody tell me how to open the visa session and write the register values of time to digital converter gpx in usb...i have attached file of pci card.in my previous message.please have a look...

thank you.
robin.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,176 Views)
You have to find out which pipe your USB device is going to be expecting data on and then write to it. The format of the data, which pipe to use, etc. will depend on how your USB interface was implemented. I would assume that the person you did the implementation is someone you work with and not a member of this forum.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,139 Views)
hello does anybody tell me how to read the data in usb interfacing.i have to read my data of TDC registers using the primary local bus of usb .for high byte i am getting currect values and for low bytes its reading wrong values.so please have a look to my program file attache

Kind Regards.
Robin
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,066 Views)