From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb frame grabber(epiphan VGA2USB) interface

Hi In my project i need to interface FRAME GRABBER in order to capture the images. I have epiphan VGA2USB frame grabber device. Device doesnt provide labview VI files. I like to know how to interface this device in labview. Thanks In Advance. Regards, Hari
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,977 Views)

There are no Driver APIs for this device. So, you can't directly use the device with LabVIEW. However, if the manufacturer has provided any .dll for the device, you might be able to control your device using Call Library Function Node in LabVIEW. Otherwise, there is no other way unless you write your own driver.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,943 Views)

Hi Sumit

Thank you for your advice.

Regards,

Hari

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,939 Views)

Have you resolved this issue? I am trying to do the same thing...

npt

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,784 Views)

Just FYI for anyone trying this, first install the epiphan provided driver. Then you should be able to use the labview example called "grab" it should work fine. Just be sure the 'camera name' is assigned to the correct one. At first my labview program kept grabbing images from the inbuilt webcam, once I changed the camera, the program worked fine with the epiphan capture card. 

Good luck! 

npt

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,719 Views)

I'm in similar situation to capture frames. Would you please share "grab.vi" example...?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,658 Views)

Hi all,

I'm also trying to use an Epiphan frame grabber (though I'm using the VGA2PCIe so different bus, but same concept).  I don't have the "grab.vi" example either.  Is that something that comes with a toolkit like NI Vision Development Module, or NI Vision Builder for Automated Inspection, or something like that?  I don't have any of these plugins, just plain ole LabVIEW pro. 

Also, I saw a different discussion that said I should be able to see the frame grabber appear as a camera in MAX... no such luck. It does appear in my Windows My Computer window under "Scanners and Cameras" but I don't see anything in either MAX or LabVIEW that makes it clear that I can use this device.  So posting grab.vi would be a good first step.  Any more detailed tips on how to get things working would be another appreciated step.

Thanks,

-Dan

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,534 Views)