From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb 6221

hi,

I am looking for an economical solution to drive servo controllers using labview on a laptop (I have USB and express card). Basically, I need to feed the servos controllers with some TTL digital signals say at frequencies up to 20KHz. I have 3 axis on the machine so I would need at least 3 DI/O. Can I reach such frequencies using the clocked digital output on the USB 6221 ? Is there any other device you would recommend ? Also do I need to order an ac adaptator with the USB 6221 ?

thanks

Yder

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,470 Views)

Yder,

Thank you for posting on the NI Forums. If you have the option to go between USB and Express Card I would recommend staying with the USB devices. The USB-6221 will allow you to do Hardware Timed Digital I/O at a rate up to 1 MHz. The USB-6221 is your best bet to perform this Hardware Timed Digital I/O, our USB Bus-Powered M Series DAQ cards will not let you do Hardware Timed DIO and neither will our Low-Cost DIO devices. 

As far as an external power supply goes, the USB-6221 does need an External Power supply, but it IS included when you purchase the device. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Aaron W.
National Instruments
CLA, CTA and CPI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,432 Views)