LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb 6008 suport PWM????

Under the USB 6008 spec state that it does not support pulse generation. Is it mean that this device cannot support PWM to run a dc motor?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,110 Views)
Digital output on the USB6008 or 6009 is software timed and has a maximum rate of around 150 Hz if I recall correctly. Any software timed output will have significant amounts of jitter and the slow update rate will result in very jerky movement of your motor. The USB 6008 is not suitable for PWM motor control.

Lynn
Message 2 of 11
(5,092 Views)
Thanks for ur information..
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,084 Views)
the key dilemma in this  is that PWM depends on how fast is your PC
Waleed El-Badry MSc.,MCPD, ISTQB Certified Tester
Assistant Lecturer
Mechatronics Department
Faculty of Engineering
Misr University for Science & Technology

View Waleed El-Badry's profile on LinkedIn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,792 Views)
so.. i need to control the wise of a CD motor, and  I have only NiDAQ 6009, and I though develop a program which have a behavior of PWM with NIDAQmx, after that, send this signal to the driver.. is it possible?Smiley Surprised
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,604 Views)

Hi   IRISH86

My name is Reynaldo Lima V.   I  own a small ans growing company for electronic design and LabVIEW applications

with high experience in VISION

6009 has a one counter but is for meassure, will not generate pulse. 

I have been doing some research for PWM generation,  at the beginnig I try to use a  DIO port to do ti but is not the best

way to do it,  PC is going to be busy controlling the DIO and will make it slower to run other vi's.   So I find the USB 6210

that has two 32 bits counters, whit this you can controll and manage a PWM.   You need to design a hi-power circuit to

control  you DC motor

I'm  working on own design  for a light for vision systems that also i develop, I planning to use a PWM signal generated

with the  USB-6210.

Hope my suggestions help you...

Best Regards..

Reynaldo Lima Villarreal.

I N G E L

General Manager.

email: reynaldolima@aol.com

Ing. Reynaldo Lima Villarreal
Ingenieria Electronica (I N G E L)
Reynosa, Tamps. México

Cel: +52 899 160-52-59
Email: reynaldolima@aol.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,586 Views)

Hihi,

Are you using LabVIEW to generate PWM signal from USB-6210? If yes, you will be able to find examples in NI Example Finder in LabVIEW. There are a few examples for generating PWM signal from USB-6210.

Regards

Lee

Applications Enginner | NI ASEAN

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,581 Views)

Hi Reynaldo!!Smiley Wink

really thanks for your answer, but the problem about it, is that I can't acquire other hardware different form 6009. I've the pwm circuit, it works manually but I need handle from labview Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,577 Views)

Hi Irish86

If you can tell more about your circuit, maybe I can figure out something else...

I don't know how your circuit works,     

Best Regards...

Reynosa, Tamps. México

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,574 Views)

HI  Lee P.

Your rihgt,  I'm using LabVIEW to generate the PWM signal from the USB6210,  I already found the example, It helps me a lot, and save

me time.

I'm ready with the PWM, but still waiting for some led samples I order to do some test and evaluations...

Best Regards..

Reynaldo Lima V.

Reynosa, Tamps. México

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,571 Views)