LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlocking source distribution

Solved!
Go to solution

So, i'm having a bunch of configuration files that are stored in a different location than the application, so i've created 2 builds, one for the .exe and one source distribution for the configuration files. The Installer works well this way and copies stuff to their respective filders in a orderly manner. So far, so good.

The problem: The ini-files get administrator rights and i cant unlock them in the installer UI. Users need to be able to modify the files. Ideas?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,168 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yamaeda

Alright, i've created a solution, but i'm not quite happy about it, i feel there must be a leaner way about it.

I've created a vi which runs a system exec with an attrib-command. This is compiled to an exe in a separate build-definition. It's installed in the same location as the main ui and in the Installer it's set as Run after installtion.

Is this really the best way?

Why cant i simply run a system command as part of the installation but only compiled vi's? Why must i install the exe, why not a "run only with installation"?

/Y

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,146 Views)

Hi Yamaeda,

I didn't test it, but can't you run a batch file (aka ".bat") instead of your own compiled exe (which basically does the same)?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,143 Views)

It doesn't seem so, in the Installer properties i can only set "Run executable at end of installation" and when browsing i can only ... *checking* ...

If i create a batch-file and add it to the .exe-build (always included) i can access it in the Run exe-options. It's a bit better, but still not 100% lean and smooth. I'd want to unlock it with the build in functions, which i think should be quite possible. I mean it's not like this is the first time the problem appears during 25 years of LV, right?

/Y

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,140 Views)