LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlicensed library error?

I've inherited some one's code (Labview 8.5.1) and I'm getting an error message at startup stating that the "Linear Fit Coefficients.vi", belongs to a library that is not properly licensed on this machine.

So it is presented as a VI that cannot be located.

It continues stating that the library has blocked the VIs and items that it owns from being edited or executing until a valid license is found.

I believe the "Linear Fits Coefficients.vi"  is from the NI_AALPro.lvlib library.

Has anyone seen this and resolved it successfully?

Nick Salemi
Teledyne Energy Systems, Inc.
nick.salemi@teledynees.com
410-891-2225
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,256 Views)

Please keep it in a single thread.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/I-have-a-VI-that-belongs-to-a-library-that-is-not-properly/m-p/23522...

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,253 Views)

That library is not available in LabVIEW Base,  You will need to upgrade to at least LabVIEW Full.  You sales rep will need to provide the LabVIEW 8.5.1 media since NI only ships current rev software. (Actually you don't seem to need the media just the License key)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 3 of 6
(3,245 Views)

Jeff,

This story gets better by the minute.

The developer closest to this problem say he had taken the VI from Labview 7.1 and transferred in into his 8.5.1 program and it always worked for him.

Your answer still holds the most water to me.

NS

Nick Salemi
Teledyne Energy Systems, Inc.
nick.salemi@teledynees.com
410-891-2225
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,234 Views)

easy enough to check.  run NI license Manager and grap a snip

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 5 of 6
(3,230 Views)

That's what you call scary.  I can see why it might work.  But it is a hack to say the least.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 6
(3,227 Views)