LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unexpected interaction of path and table controls

There is an unexpected interaction of path and table controls which is illustrated by the attached VI. If the table control is continuously updated it is not possible to change the value of path control using the brows button (write to table button is on). Everything works fine when writing to the table is disabled. In LabView 7.1 the “interaction” of these controls was even more dramatic – I have an example with which one can crash the whole LabView system.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,376 Views)

Andres,

I am not sure what the issue is but willing to help.  Try to resummarize the issue.  I noticed the the Path Properties are set to: Folders Only and New or Existing File.  Also, that there is no event for the path.  Maybe by adding an event for the path you could update the value.

Matt

Matthew Fitzsimons

Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW 6.1 ... 2013, LVOOP, GOOP, TestStand, DAQ, and Vison
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,369 Views)
Andres,
I am not sure I see any issue with the code as well.  I ran it in LabVIEW 8.1 and it starts to update the table, I then click on the browse button and my file dialog comes up.  I tried it both with native and LabVIEW dialogs and it works fine.  Are you seeing something different?

Also feel free to attach the code that crashes and we can look at that as well.  Maybe the issues are related.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,359 Views)
Evan,

Thank you for your response. Have you tried to change the path and then press “current folder” button in the file dialog? I observe no changes in the control after that.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,350 Views)
This has been reported to R&D (# 3WHEGJV2) for further investigation. A possible workaround is to use the File Dialog VI to browse to directories or files. Thanks for the feedback!

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
Message 5 of 5
(2,334 Views)