LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unexpected error nigpibsys

After a long time I haven't used Labview, it gives me this error.

Which software need to be uninstall & install in order to solve this problem?

Shall i uninstall the whole software?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,605 Views)

See here

Then find out what hardware is attempting to enable physical address extension on your OS.  There are details on how to dissable the PAE for several OSs.

(Side note:  Did you see that link to NI.Com/Info and the code to search for right at the top of the error dialog?)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,592 Views)

hi Jeff,

The page you suggested that we disable PAE.

I have searched the system log but no PAE is found in the event list.

The software & hardware worked a while ago. Win 7 - 64 bit, but I installed labview 32 bit.

Any other suggestion?

Really appreciate your help though.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,584 Views)

Hi Tony, 

This is not a LabVIEW error, but rather an Internal Warning from the NI Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX). More often than not, MAX internal warnings should not affect your functionality in LabVIEW. However, repairing an installation, or uninstalling/reinstalling software is certainly a good step to take when troubleshooting. NI MAX is installed along with hardware drivers (NI-DAQmx, NI-VISA, etc.), therefore you may want to begin by repairing your driver installations. It looks like the MAXKnownExceptions info code links you to this KnowledgeBase Article: 

Causes of an "Unexpected Error" from Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX)

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6CA56E2DDBCCA06086257591006141EE?OpenDocument

Hope this helps! 

Cameron Schaefer

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,517 Views)