LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to set camera attributes when open a session using a VI

Hello,

I have a VI to control the attributes of a point gray camera. Each time I open a new session I get the error (unable to set attribute). I'm attaching my code. any help?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,828 Views)

The first question to ask yourself is whether or not your camera expresses these attributes to LabVIEW and whether or not they are readable or writable.

This is an easy question to answer.  Write a VI that opens your Camera using Enumerate Attribute and prepare for yourself an Array (I recommend sorting the Array) of all the Camera Attributes, including their Readable/Writable States.  Make sure the attributes you are trying to access are present, and are of the Type you are trying to use to set them (e.g. Dbl).

Bob Schor

P.S. -- IMAQdx and Vision functions are some of the most challenging and least-well-documented parts of LabVIEW.  There might be an easier way than LabVIEW if you don't have several years experience (or a helpful colleague for discussions).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,790 Views)

Hi Bob

I checked if the attributes are readable to my camera. The error appears only when I re-open a session. That means once I set the attribute I can control it within the same session of the VI and I can control the output image. But when I close the VI and re-open the error appears again. 

any other suggestions or solution ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,736 Views)