LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to create the Inf2Cat file

Hello, 

I think this would not be the correct platform to ask this question, I am working on Gaussmeter IGM11, and trying to configure NI-VISA functions with USB cable. After going through NI manuals about .inf file, I got to know that, I have to create a special driver for my windows 10. I have created a prifix.inf file from the NI-VISA Driver Wizard. When I am trying to generate to .cat file in Command prompt I am getting error and unable to create the .cat file. I am attaching the my picture from the cmd, could anyone help me with this problem. Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Vijaz

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,000 Views)

@vijay0507 wrote:

Hello, 

I think this would not be the correct platform to ask this question, I am working on Gaussmeter IGM11, and trying to configure NI-VISA functions with USB cable. After going through NI manuals about .inf file, I got to know that, I have to create a special driver for my windows 10. I have created a prifix.inf file from the NI-VISA Driver Wizard. When I am trying to generate to .cat file in Command prompt I am getting error and unable to create the .cat file. I am attaching the my picture from the cmd, could anyone help me with this problem. Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Vijaz

Are you using this instrument? https://www.magsys.de/en/products/gaussmeter-central/industrial-gaussmeter

It says it has an RS-232 interface why don't you use that if the company does not provide a Windows 10 driver for their instrument.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(966 Views)

Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply, I have used RS232 interface and it’s working but my manager wants to get data through the USB, that’s why I am looking for Windows 10 driver.

I have created a .cat file from .Inf unsigned but I have doubt that how should I make digital signature of .cat and how do I install it?!! Could you please tell me. I have read Ni manual on this topic (.inf) to contact Certificate Authority. Should I contact CA for the certificate to make digital sign?!

thanks

vijay

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(959 Views)

@vijay0507 wrote:

I have created a .cat file from .Inf unsigned but I have doubt that how should I make digital signature of .cat and how do I install it?!! Could you please tell me. I have read Ni manual on this topic (.inf) to contact Certificate Authority. Should I contact CA for the certificate to make digital sign?!

Hmm... I believe that Windows 10 will NOT allow you to install an unsigned driver and you need to purchase a certificate to sign your drivers with.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-hardware-certification/bg-p/WindowsHardwareCertificat...

WHQL Driver Testing & Hardware Certification by Microsoft: Step-by-Step Guide

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(955 Views)