From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

txt file to scale

Hi, i'm quite a begginer,and i have problem that i know it has a easy solution, but  i can't figure it out.

I have a txt file with two columns and 10000 rows.

I need to use it as a scale(it would be the equivalent to lookup_value in excel,where the first column are the pre escaled value, and the second column is the actual scaled one)

I tried with  the express scaling, but since the table to load is a lvm file, it won't read it.

Can any one help me?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,946 Views)

Google tells me that function lets you lookup a number in a row and find it's corresponding number in another row.  I would read the data from your file using "Read Delimited Spreadsheet.vi", I would then perform a search on the first column of the array using the "Search 1D Array.vi", then I would take it's index and index into the second column to find the value of the thing you want using "Index Array".  Does that make sense?

Message 2 of 13
(2,931 Views)

You have attached a "Text" file a "LVM" is different.

In this case your columns are tab delimited with 9 digits of precision.

Read from Delimited file with a format specifier of %.9f and Transpose? = True

Index array to output t rows (the file columns)

Index and Bundle to provide an array of clusters of two doubles, or Points <x,y> 

Threshold array to return the value of y at the index of x

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 3 of 13
(2,925 Views)

Rather than a lookup table, you could also use Threshold and Interpolate to find the value.

Interpolate_Snippet.png

Message 4 of 13
(2,916 Views)

hi shane, thanks for your answer, let me try that.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,909 Views)

Shane, jamiva,

Close but, you missed a very nice feature of Threshold 1D Array

Capture.png.

Message 6 of 13
(2,898 Views)

hi shane, i tried, but it has an error, when i try to connect the resulting spreadsheet to the "search 1d array", i'm attaching the vi,any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,895 Views)

Thanks!

i did as you told me, but it doesn't return the number i need, for example, y tried with -117.3907001, and it should have return the number next to it (-5.98789879).

instead, it gave me a number that is close to the folowing number ofthe same column (-117.3519983)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,886 Views)

two mistakes.

1) your fault. you cant transpose the array and wire 0 to index of column. you get a two by two array that way.

2) maybe a mistake in requirement. if you need the value of Y closest to X rather than the value of Y that would be at the fractional index of X you need to rfound down and index rather than interpolate

Capture1.png

Message 9 of 13
(2,876 Views)

it worked!! thanks so much!!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,872 Views)